Looking for a easy solution to clean garage floors?
Then you definitely want to use these best garage floor mats.
Having a fancy garage is great and all, but a bare floor with cracks and chemical stains can look really bad and ruin the entire fact that it is a fancy garage.
So what to do to get a fancy floor too? There are several options to choose from when thinking about garage floors like tiles, rolls, epoxy, carpet mats and many more.
So the basic fact is that these garage flooring options come with great looks, functionality, keeps the garage clean, and are pretty much always in the budget.
Top 10 Best Garage Floor Mats 2020
Table of Contents
- Top 10 Best Garage Floor Mats 2020
- 1. Armor All AAGFMC20 Charcoal 20′ x 7’4″ Garage Floor Mat Review
- 2. TruContain Containment Mat Garage Floor Mat (9’x20′) Review
- 3. AutoFloorGuard AFGS-7916 7’9″ x 16′ AFG Compact Size Containment mat Review
- 4. IncStores Nitro Commercial Grade Garage Flooring Rolls Coin & Diamond Review
- 5. BalanceFrom Puzzle Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles Review
- 6. Speedway 789453B-50 Diamond Garage Floor 6 LOCK Diamond Tile Review
- 7. Club Clean Floor Protector – Garage Mat Size: 5ft by 8ft Review
- 8. Diamond Plate Rubber Flooring Rolls, 3mm x 4ft Wide Rolls Review
- 9. Rubber-Cal Coin Grip Metallic PVC Flooring Review
- 10. IncStores Standard Grade Nitro Garage Flooring (7.5′ x 17′, Diamond Stainless Steel) Review
- How to choose the right garage floor mats
1. Armor All AAGFMC20 Charcoal 20′ x 7’4″ Garage Floor Mat Review
This garage floor mat is the best one can get on a budget, as it does the job and also is highly affordable.
It can be installed easily and can be cleaned by just vacuuming followed by a wash using a mild form of non- bleaching detergent.
The material is absorbent to a point where it can easily absorb water and snow.
This garage floor matting does not slip as it sticks to the floor. This garage floor mat can be used anywhere like a room or porch as it stops one’s feet getting cold.
The overall look is very carpet and has thin, fast dry technology, which makes sure that no moisture stays on it for too long.
- These floorings are available in varied sizes.
- Highly durable and strong.
- It can be easily cleaned with water and mild detergent.
- Lightweight, so one can easily install it.
- Have anti-slip backing which prevents it from slipping under the footsteps.
- A bit expensive when compared to others in terms of material quality.
- It can be difficult to stick it to the floor.
2. TruContain Containment Mat Garage Floor Mat (9’x20′) Review
This is one of the largest sellers of the garage mats, as they always come up with innovations to meet the demands of the customer base.
They are made in a certain they can easily soak water, snow and any other liquid easily.
The design of the mat is innovative as they have placed the seams under the mat and the foam of the mat is welded with PVC infused fabric.
With makes it strong and sturdy. Installation of the mat is super easy and will take a very short amount of time. The thickness of the mat 1.25 inches due to foam welded into it and this makes sure that no snow or dirt enters inside.
- Heavier built and design.
- The seams are made perfectly so no floor shifting.
- Highly absorbent in nature.
- Have an anti-slip base.
- Easy installation.
- Only the 1-year warranty.
- Lesser longevity.
3. AutoFloorGuard AFGS-7916 7’9″ x 16′ AFG Compact Size Containment mat Review
Autofloor is known for its premium quality materials.
They have upgraded their previous garage mats and designed a highly durable floor mat which can undergo all the wear and tear of a garage floor.
It can be installed easily and the maintenance is low as one can easily clean it.
For cleaning this floor mat it comes with a squeegee head, which can easily absorb the water.
The material is heavy duty commercial polyester scrim, with heat-sealed thermal welded seams which keep the mat in place. This mat is known for its last long durability and cell foam containment edge for better functionality.
It keeps the garage floor clean from any kind dirt and stain.
- Heavy-duty fabric.
- Foam collects the water.
- Bigger in size
- Seams are completely waterproof and leak proof.
- Limited warranty.
- Cleaning and drying are not easy.
4. IncStores Nitro Commercial Grade Garage Flooring Rolls Coin & Diamond Review
These premium rolls of garage flooring can be used for any kind of flooring whether one uses it in their garage, basement, for trailer flooring, industrial anti slip flooring, worksheds etc.
These mats are pretty heavy so they usually stay in its place, but if one loves to do gyming in their basement or garage then one might want to stick them to the floor with double-sided tape.
The material of this floor mat is pure commercial grade polyvinyl. These sheets come in different shades which can suit one’s interiors easily.
The design on these sheets are of coin or diamond, this gives the customers a good number of choices to choose from.
- Can be used in different places.
- Heavy built.
- Can be cut easily and installed in any way one wants.
- High-quality PVC.
- Commercial grade diamond or coin pattern.
- Does not absorb too much of liquid substances.
5. BalanceFrom Puzzle Mat with EVA Foam Interlocking Tiles Review
This mat is specifically made for exercising purposes but can be used in a garage for home work out or just as a floor.
As in exercising the most part is to maintain balance and keep one’s posture right. But this cannot be possible with shifty and slipping floor mats which can also lead to serious injuries; however, this can be avoided by using BalanceFrom mats as they have non-slip patterns on the floor facing side.
These mats are known for their long term resilience and interlocking technology, which makes them lighter in weight. They are also moisture resistant means one can easily wash these mats and use them again.
The mat is highly cushioned with 1/2” inches extra EVA premium grade foam which gives the cushioning from any kind external pressure faced while exercising.
These mats come in 3 color options with 36 tiles in each pack and can cover up to 144 square feet of area.
- Great resilience.
- Can be washed and used.
- Lightweight and have a thickness of extra ½ inch.
- Interlocking makes the tiles sit snugly.
- Only a two-year warranty.
- Can slip during high-intensity activity.
6. Speedway 789453B-50 Diamond Garage Floor 6 LOCK Diamond Tile Review
These are premium quality tiles which can cover the floor of the garage, workshops, gym floors, shop floors, basements etc.
The most basic problem that is faced by almost every garage floor is that the floor mats or tiles tend to shift when a vehicle moves on it or anybody exercises on it or do any kind of powerful activity.
This problem is entirely solved by Speedway as they have created these 6 tabs interlocking tiles.
These tiles have 6 tabs on each side which get locked with the tile tabs beside them, which leave no space between the tiles, but there is enough movement of air below the tiles so that there is no mold formation of degradation of quality after using it for a long time.
These tiles are made of commercial grade propylene, which makes these tiles light so that they can be handled with ease.
They can carry lots of weight like a truck if needed, and they have a lot many color options to choose from like blue, black, orange, red etc.
- Easy installation.
- Good looks.
- High durability and longevity.
- Durable interlocking system.
- 10-year warranty against defects.
- Not flexible enough so may not work for uneven floors.
7. Club Clean Floor Protector – Garage Mat Size: 5ft by 8ft Review
Dirt, grime, harsh chemicals, coolants, and other petrochemical substances are something that is very common in a pit crew garage or a professional garage where different cars or motorcycles come by to get repaired.
These floor mats are engineered by putting high tech material in it.
The entire thickness of the mat is divided into two layers; the top floor is where all the petrochemicals, dirt, coolants etc. are absorbed and eventually cleaned by detergent washing or by a pressure washer.
The layer below is made of high-tech microfiber, which is interlocked in such a way that the area of absorption is maximized and completely spill proof. The second layer absorbs gas, battery acid, cleaners etc.
- Can be used in cars, golf carts etc.
- Keeps the floor clean from stains.
- Limited warranty of three years only.
- Kinda thin.
8. Diamond Plate Rubber Flooring Rolls, 3mm x 4ft Wide Rolls Review
The most attractive characteristics of this garage floor roll are that it is completely anti-slip in nature, all thanks to commercial grade diamond-shaped patterns on them.
These highly functional industrial grade diamond shaped designs make sure that the floor can take care of all those who walk on the flooring without any slipping incident.
These tiles also boast of strong durability of 60 durometers and are made of SBR (styrene butadiene rubber).
This makes these tiles the best for different kind of delicate floors like wood which one doesn’t want to get damaged.
The diamond texturing is the most common kind in various industrial purposes. The length can be customized and are used for flooring the basements, gym floors, workshops, workplace etc.
- High-quality synthetic rubber.
- Shock absorption.
- Can be used in kitchens, gyms, kennel floors etc.
- They need adhesive or double-sided tape to be installed.
- No temperature resistance.
9. Rubber-Cal Coin Grip Metallic PVC Flooring Review
These flooring rolls are highly flexible to use as one can easily install it on their own.
The length of the flooring is variable and one need to choose accordingly, and after that one can easily install it by making it in the size of the floor using utility scissors.
One needs to use double-sided tapes to install it in its place. There are several options for anti-slip flooring, but this one is here to stay with its circular silver coin shaped patterns.
These patterns increase friction and reduce the chances of slipping and falling.
This flooring is made up of high-grade PVC, thus can be used for high strenuous activities like heavy duty garages, gyms etc.
They can bear any kind of weight like of heavy vehicles, automation parts, workbenches, gym equipment etc.
- Coin patterns are great for anti-slip friction.
- Sturdy and strong.
- The flooring moves.
- The edge patterns may not match.
10. IncStores Standard Grade Nitro Garage Flooring (7.5′ x 17′, Diamond Stainless Steel) Review
These are standard grade rolls which are more budget-friendly than the commercial nitro rolls.
They are best for their value as they made of pure quality polyvinyl which makes them sturdy and durable for a long time.
They have diamond shaped industrial pattern on them, which makes the flooring slip-resistant.
Installing the flooring is super easy too, as one just need to roll out the PVC flooring and make some cuts, according to the shape of the garage with utility scissors and it is done.
These garage floorings are great for commercial garage purposes as they stand the heavyweight of cars and equipment and also can be used for workshops, trailer floors etc.
They are super easy to maintain as one can simply sweep, vacuum or wash the flooring with a mild detergent and water and it will be as good as new.
- Protects floor really well.
- 7-year warranty
- The pattern on the interlocking does not match.
How to choose the right garage floor mats
But the most basic trouble every one faces who are thinking of flooring their garages is that, which one to choose?
So let’s see discuss different types of garage floorings so that it can be helpful for anyone to select according to their needs.
- Garage tiles: These are the easiest ones to install, as they come either with an interlocking system or just can be of peel and stick kind. These are really helpful if someone likes creating a certain garage floor pattern. These tiles are made of strong high-density plastic materials like PVC or Polypropylene which imparts them a sturdy structure that can take heavy weights and survive through daily wear and tear.
These garage tiles come in different colors and patterns, which give the owner a sense of creativity and one can add that personalized look to their garage. They are also easy to install and handle in complete do it yourself style.
The locks on the tiles on each side will go snap with the one beside it and gives a strong grip without any inter-tile gap. Also, the biggest thing is that if somehow a single tile gets damaged, all one needs to do is a swap that tile and not change the entire flooring.
- Flooring rolls: If one has this thing about keeping everything really simple and straight, then this is the option to go with. Flooring rolls are not really jazzy looking, but give that straight no-nonsense sophisticated look to the garage. They are also really easy to be installed and can be done without any help. These are so easy to be laid down that one can have a great looking floor within an hour. Roll out the flooring and cut them accordingly to fit the garage room with a utility scissor and its done.
These floor rolls are made of polyvinyl which makes them super affordable and cost-efficient. They do not have many options to choose from but, the patterns on them can get different like coins, diamonds etc.
Maintenance is easy too, all one need to do is hose down the entire flooring and it’s done. Some of the things that may seem troubling are that if there is one small damage spot, then one might need to change the entire flooring, and also it takes about 2 weeks time to settle on the floor.
- Rubber flooring: Thinking of turning the garage into a gym, then this is the flooring to go for. And they can be used for garage purposes too. These floorings come in both rolls and tiles and can be easily installed without any outside help. Just because they are made of rubber they can be cleaned easily with mild cleaning agents and some hose downing. They have good shock absorbance power, so one can relax and not worry about cracked concrete due to the heavy weights. And the plus point is that rubber can insulate sound and also it has anti-microbial trait means there will be no fungal or mildew growth on the flooring. Like any other product, this one also has some drawbacks tagged along like oil can ruin the rubbers longevity, it will not provide any kind of temperature insulation and it can be really heavy though in this case, one can choose rubber tiles over rubber rolls.
- Carpet tiles: so these are definitely not used for parking cars, as it is not recommended to park car on a carpet. However, it is not necessary that one shall use their garages only for car parking, they can be used as a recreational space, gym, art space etc. and this carpet flooring is great for all these purposes.
These tiles are durable and are low on maintenance as they can be cleaned just like any other carpet. Also, they come in a huge variety of colors and designs which gives one chance to create their personalized look of the garage floor.
These tiles are of soft nature, not necessarily too plush but definitely softer than other rubber or PVC options. Some of the drawbacks are that it is not water resistant and the installation cannot be done easily, meaning one might need the help of professionals for that.
Things to keep in mind for buying garage mats
Buying something which has so many options in the market niche can be tiring, and not to mention that if a wrong one is chosen, then it’s a sheer waste of money, energy and of course the need to get it done again. So there are some parameters one should keep in mind before settling for anyone like:
- Usage: one should always keep in mind what their garage will be used for. If it will be used for leisure purposes, then one should go for carpet or rubber tiles whereas if the garage is for traditional automobile purposes then it is advised to choose PVC tiles and rolls.
- Looks: the overall look of the garage depends on the floor too, so one should have a clear picture of how they want their garage to look like. After all, changing the flooring too often is not a feasible option.
- Installation: most of the garage floorings are do it yourself but some are not like the carpet tiles one. If one can afford to hire extra hands and spend some money on the installation, then one can go with the non-DIY types, but if there is a budget crunch and one loves to do everything on their own then garage tiles, floor rolls etc. are a great option
- Budget: one should have a clear picture of one’s budget while shopping for garage flooring, as one can find hundreds of options in the market. One can find high-end titles too, and budget-friendly ones too, it simply depends on the material quality. Also, it is not always necessary that the expensive ones will be more effective than the not so expensive ones, that is just a myth.
As we have listed several great options to choose from and every single one has their own set of applications. One should always keep in mind that a good garage flooring should be:
- Strong so that it can last for a longer period of time.
- Made with good quality plastic composite or rubber.
- Resistant to slipping.
- Stable and shall stay in place without shifting.
- Easy to install and clean.
- Good looking, so that it can give a character to the garage.
- Sound and temperature insulated.
- Absorbent enough to soak the water and snow.
- Protected by a longer period of warranty.
The bottom-line is that one shall choose the one that matches their style, objective and of course the budget.