Here are my three of my favorites for home use
Table of Contents
Imagine your breakfast without bread. Imagine a weekend without pizza! Life would become something similar to this had there not been the grain mills or flour mills to grind the wheat and other such grains to produce flour. Not only our favorite foods but also our everyday staple foods would not have been possible to make if these tools were not present.
Spoiler these are the top 3
|NutriMill Classic High-Speed with Mini Seed/Coffee Mill||NutriMill||$$$|
|Wondermill with Added Small Grains and Bean Attachment Combo||Wondermill||$$$|
The importance of these tools are huge in our lives, but it’s not easy to buy the right one that will serve your purpose. So here is the key to identifying the right one for you:
- Select the right type: There are four different types of grinders: flour, the hand cranked burr (if you are likely to grind occasionally), stand mixer attachment, electric impact grill and electric stone. The electric versions does help in grinding with lesser effort and complete your task within a lesser amount of time.
- The Specific Parameters: Look at the amount of flour that your chosen type can produce within a particular time.
- The Nature of Operation: Check whether the equipment gets overheated with regular use or remains cool. Also, consider the convenience of operation and the ease of maintenance.
- The Coarseness of the Grain: The degree of fineness of the grains should also be considered while selecting one that suits you.
Let us have a look at what my top picks are and my favorites ?–
It is a sturdy product well built with a clean design that can serve your needs for years. Its simple and compact structure is the key to its popularity among the buyers. It helps in an efficient grinding of whole grains, thanks to the solid construction and finger-jointed corners.
You can grind a variety of grains such as hard wheat, soft wheat, wheat berries and oats groats using this classic grind mill. One great feature of this one is its versatility. Another smart technical feature is its auto shut-down option which makes it turn off whenever you overlay things on it.
You can use it before your baking jobs or even for making pasta and noodles. Besides, you can make pancakes, wheat flour, waffles, grain cereals, pie crusts and similar stuffs at ease, using the organic and pure flour that can be obtained from this tool. Great for whole grain, milled, cereal, grain flour and other sorts.
It’s quite easy to operate and can thus be used by amateurs too. One important factor that is not in favor of this product is its price. It’s a bit too expensive for some and is thus not affordable for everyone. But it’s also a one that will last, worth noting. Also, you cannot grind the nuts and oilseeds using it.
Still, the features that it offers make it worth its value.
- It has a 360watt motor and works at a speed of 110 volts.
- The milling rate is 8-9oz/minute.
- The dimensions are 8.5 x 7.8 x 13.5 inches.
- The clean design is a sure advantage among the users.
- The auto shut-down option is a great technical feature to look at.
- It’s solid and sturdy.
- easy to operate.
- convenient to clean and maintain.
- The price tag may not be suitable for everyone.
- It cannot grind nuts, oilseeds, lentils, dry beans, herbs, flax, sesame, pop corn and other fibrous materials.
Some users have been so pleased to buy this one and have shared their positive experiences. It has received a high rating in general, which is a great signal for its quality! The users have been highly impressed by the soft and fluffy flour yielded by the machine. They are happy to observe the utilization of the money spent.
A section of users are a bit unhappy since they could not produce oilseeds, lentils, and herbs using it, though. But the negative feedback users have said is ignorable as compared to the large number of positive experiences.
Summary: The KoMo Classic is a classic standard type that uses a simple yet clean design for grinding the stuff effectively and is a useful one to look for, at its price range. It helps in a speedy grinding and allows you to select from a variety of cereals and grains (provided they are not oily).
It’s slightly expensive as compared to the others of its category. You can buy it if the price is not a huge factor for you and in case you do not intend to grind oily stuff using it. But its a quality one definitely.
NutriMill Classic High-Speed Grain/Flour with Mini Seed/Coffee Mill
Here comes the multi-purpose product from Lequip which can grind both cereals and grains and coffee seeds quite effectively. It looks sleek and stylish and can thus be a great addition to your kitchen or store-room. It has a huge capacity of 20 cup bowl and can mill an equivalent amount of flour within just five minutes.
The use of advanced technological features like an improved texture control, stronger milling heads and Force Flow technology makes it a unique choice within its price range. It helps in reducing noise and improved cooling and also has a greater durability as compared to the other products of its type.
You can grind rice, wheat or com- whichever you need, in no time. Operating this thing is easy since you hardly need to put in any effort after you have installed it correctly. One admirable feature about this tool is it does not get overheated even though it operates at a very fast speed.
You may also use it to process a variety of nuts and seeds. This is a unique future to look at compared to what other products of its category can do.
The noise produced is not as much as a vacuum cleaner; but it is not as low as a washing machine, either.
The disadvantage with this one is with its controls, particularly the feed rate knobs which do not allow you to get down the finest quality product and makes it a bit coarse.
Overall, it is a versatile tool within your budget and can be used in a very easy way to bake your favorites within a very short time.
- The appropriate size, shape and weight of the product make it suitable for daily use.
- The flour is not overheated during the grinding process and is of a normal temperature unlike the other commonly used grinders of the day.
- It has some of the latest technological features that make it unique among the others of its type.
- It can be used to process a variety of materials including the oily seeds and grains.
- It can grind an equivalent of 20 cup bowls within five minutes and can thus help in a speedy grinding.
- It is cost-effective.
- It has an in-built coffee mill so that you can grind coffee seeds too.
- dishwasher safe, and you don’t need to worry about its cleaning process.
- can be a bit loud in its operation.
- It’s a bit difficult to operate the feed rate knob.
- The flour produced is a bit coarse and not very fine in texture.
- It is not really easy to attach or detach the plastic lid.
This multi purpose all in one type of deal is a great product from Lequip using which the users have been able to grind wheat, whole wheat and other cereals conveniently and effortlessly. However, some of them have been irritated by the loud noise produced by it and the relatively coarse structure of the flour. But the positives on this grinder as well as its ability to process coffee beans have been highly appreciated by the users, and they have thus given it a rating of a good high rating.
Summary: This is a great tool that comes with some amazing features and helps in grinding a variety of grains and seeds. What you will love about is that it grinds even the oily stuffs at ease. With all its features and advantages, it’s a unique product to look at; though a few users might argue that the grinder produces a loud sound during its operation. This, however, is not a big deal since more or less all grinders will produce noise while operating.
Wondermill (110V) with Bean Attachment Combo
It is one of the cleanest mills, flour mill that is easy to use and can grind the grains easily and effectively. Grinding flour through this one does not involve any gumming, jamming and glazing. The product is versatile in nature and helps in grinding beans of all sizes and shapes.
Cleaning the grinder is easy as the excess flour can be cleared off the canister. If you are grinding small grains, you can use the Small Grain Adapter to pour it down on the hopper.
One significant disadvantage of the mill is that you cannot grind oily substances using it. As per the instruction manual, sesame seeds, dry fruits, flax seeds and coffee beans cannot be used. However, you can enjoy a beautiful, aromatic experience of grinding rice using this product. This one is a great Electric grain mill.
Another problem with this is that it can be too noisy and disturbs everyone around you when you are grinding flour using it. Not super loud but something worth noting.
Ignoring that, it is a powerful grinding machine that works efficiently for years and does not leave you a reason to complain. It works fast and can bring you the desired product within minutes. To grind six cups of wheat, it will take only a minute.
Lastly, while handling it, you need to be careful that the lid is placed correctly. Otherwise, there would be chances of the flour spewing from the sides.
- It operates at 1-3/4 Horse Power
- The voltage specification is 120 Volts.
- The dimensions are 19.1×14.7×9.7 inches.
- a versatile mill that has a convenient shape and can be used to perform some grinding tasks.
- flawless in its task and can grind it at a superfast speed.
- constructed using stainless steel and is perfect for producing flours.
- It has a grain adapter included within the package.
- If you are tired of using a mill that takes about half an hour to grind grains, this one is the solution since it can grind flours within just a few minutes.
- Flour can spew off from the sides, make sure it’s covered all around.
- The flour is slightly gritty and cannot be used to make pastry or pastries
The users of this product and brand have been happy to use it and have liked its fast speed of operation. It has received high rating.
Summary: This is a high-quality equipment that helps in grinding grains and beans of varied shapes and sizes. It grinds the grains at a very high speed and comes with a grain adapter for the purpose. However, it is a bit noisy as compared to the others and produces flour which is a bit gritty. Still, it comes in handy for grinding wheat and other grains and has a large number of positive features.
Also here is a good video showing how it works and to use one, have a look 🙂
My Verdict: So, these were my best favorite products, each of these product has its own pros and cons and has been able to satisfy the buyers. Chose one that suits your need and budget ?
As per my opinion, the NutriMill Classic is one of my favorites since it can grind the oily stuffs as well, unlike the other two. It also doesn’t have any such significant disadvantage that can prevent one from buying it. The few negatives that you can associate with it are nothing compared to the positives that it has to offer.
However, choices differ from person to person. You can buy any one of these ones and still be very satisfied. all these are really good products and you can’t really go wrong!
Thanks for reading, feel free to share. 🙂