Time to Cheer Up For a Charismatic Christmas
Any festival or occasion is always very special due to the countless beautiful and memorable moments that it brings along with it. We keep waiting throughout the year for some festivals. Christmas is one such festival celebrated throughout the world irrespective of caste, creed, religion, or color.
The significance of Christmas in our lives today and ways to make it extraordinary:
Life has become extremely mundane today for the inhabitants of the modern world. The touch of technology in almost every sphere of life has undoubtedly simplified our lives in every possible way but has it given us the real happiness and peace of mind? Amidst the rat race today, we often forget to actually live our lives gracefully. We rather manage to store our energy and resources for the eventful days. The same theory holds good for Christmas as well.
Therefore, it is very crucial to have an outstanding Christmas in order to grow blissful memories. Tips and tricks to have an enchanting Christmas vary from one person to another based on his or her tastes but there are certain basic thumb rules applicable for everybody. Let us take a look at them:
- Affordability first: This is extremely vital as Christmas will go in a day, but you have to spend the rest of the year with the help of the left over pennies. In that case, deciding the budget to be spent during Christmas must be done very judiciously. A good way is to set aside some amount every month from your regular savings, exclusively for Christmas purpose. That way, the burden of a budget during Christmas lessens a lot.
- Better to keep it as simple as possible: Over planning and over squeezing your schedule is a strict no-no during Christmas. Yes, you may want to have a blast, but what is the point of having a tightly packed Christmas, if you hardly get the space and time to inhale the feel of the same. It is always wise to jot down the names of only close family, friends, and acquaintances, decide upon a decent meal with reasonable decorations and most importantly, invite beforehand to avoid any last minute hassles. Christmas is about reuniting after all, and it is always best to have a reunion with old friends and family in Christmas, with whom we tend to lose touch in our hectic lives today. Moreover, we can be our own selves without pretention when we are with them. This is a big factor to enjoy Christmas to the fullest.
- Tactful spending and mindful gifting: Christmas is mainly known for the gratitude of gifting others. Therefore, it is crucial to gift well and gift good. Firstly, take hold of your budget, make a proper list of the persons whom you truly want to gift and only then go shopping for gifts. The receivers’ likes and dislikes must be remembered while buying gifts. This is an essential factor, as it will enable you to buy the exact gift that the other person would love to have during Christmas. Other than buying readymade gifts, handmade or homemade gifts such as creative clay models, glass paintings, woodcarvings and many others can also be given to guests that will have an impressive impact upon the person at the receiving end.
- Must-haves for an overwhelming Christmas feel: No matter how trendy the technology is, certain traditions still go strong today during Christmas. These are a Christmas tree invariably embellished with Christmas ornaments such as baubles, stars, tinsels, streamers and enlightened with LED lights, a sweet Santa Claus with his reindeer and sleigh, some Christmas toys such as teddy bears, a Christmas snowman and above all, colorful candles. On the eatables part, a Christmas cake is a must and much better, if it is a home-baked simple cake. In addition, the menu must contain marvelous meaty preparations such as turkey, chicken or pork accompanied by delicious desserts like Christmas pie, pastries, Turkish Delights, etc. and compulsorily wine in drinks. Apart from these mandatory must-haves, you can also have your own call for other plans and preparations during Christmas.
- Sparing some moments for the destitute: Nothing can be more satisfactory and heart-warming than spending some of our Christmas moments with the homeless people or in some missionary homes with orphan children. The unpolluted and splendid smiles on their faces with plain gifts can gift you perfect pleasure in return. What other gift can be more magnificent than this!
- Coming at one with nature: We hardly get any time to look at and appreciate the bounties of nature in our daily routine-bound lives today. Well, make the most of nature in Christmas then, by going traveling, trekking or camping somewhere. If not some far place, then any short trip nearby may also suffice, where you can go fishing, have a picnic, bonfire or barbecue in the lap of nature.
- Reflect, release and retrospect: The fundamental essence of Christmas is the contentment of our inner soul. Every individual has his or her own flavor according to which, each has a different kind of Christmas. There ought to be no competition at least in this aspect of life. Some may feel happy to spend Christmas just by idling away in a comfortable couch in the backyard harnessing hobbies and having delectable delicacies and some may love to have an adventurous Christmas, so they may go traveling somewhere far away from the maddening crowd. Many times, it is wise to recollect the memories of previous Christmas spent and decide whether you want to spend Christmas in the same manner this year or you want to do something different. The latter option is always advisable though. Whatever it may be, choose your own style of spending Christmas and spend exactly as your heart says!
The time is ripe with only few days to go for Christmas. Just listen to your heart and have your own bite of Christmas. Merry Christmas to everyone!
Thanks for reading feel free to share the article 🙂